Join our Urban Places experts as they share knowledge on city building at industry events around the world
Bringing together global experts in smart mobility, resilience, real estate feasibility, planning and urban design, mixed-use architecture, smart cities, and brownfield redevelopment, our Urban Places team is uniquely positioned to provide our clients innovative and creative plans and designs from a cohesive, focused team.
Our Urban Places experts regularly share their expertise at conferences around the world. Here is a list of upcoming speaking engagements. Check back regularly for updates!
- David Dixon will lead an expert panel discussion in exploring creative ways suburbs can fund the creation of walkable urbanism.
Jan 30: Ohio State University's Knowlton School Baumer Lecture Series (Columbus, OH)
Feb 7: Harvard Graduate School of Design, Cities by Design Lecture Series (Cambridge, MA)
- David Dixon will discuss housing in a lecture titled, “How a New Generation of Urban places is Re-energizing Suburbia” .
Feb 8: APA Texas Chapter Focus North Texas 2019 (Irving, TX)
Feb 23: TEDxUniversityofNevada 2019 (Reno, NV)
- Cynthia Albright will speak to this year's conference theme of Creating Community Conversations as she discusses "The String of Pearls in Urban Design."
Apr 3-5: IDA University & College Town Summit (Raleigh, NC)
- David Dixon will explore how cities can leverage their university's to attract and retain talent in a talk on "Management Matters".
- Beth Elliott & David Dixon will participate in a panel on “Measuring downtown’s value – to everybody!”.
Apr 16-18: 2019 ULI Spring Meeting (Nashville, TN)
Jun 12-15: 27th Annual Congress for New Urbanism (Louisville, KY)