Join our Urban Places experts as they share knowledge on city building at industry events around the world
Bringing together global experts in smart mobility, resilience, real estate feasibility, planning and urban design, mixed-use architecture, smart cities, and brownfield redevelopment, our Urban Places team is uniquely positioned to provide our clients innovative and creative plans and designs from a cohesive, focused team.
Our Urban Places experts regularly share their expertise at conferences around the world. Here is a list of upcoming speaking engagements. Check back regularly for updates!
Mar 12: AIA Chicago, Speaker Event (Chicago, IL)
- In their presentation, "The Hospital in the Urban Habitat: Achieving Livable Cities," Andrew Irvine and Douglas King will explore the expansion of options for provision of healthcare in the future.
Mar 13: Ball State University, College of Architecture and Planning CAP Lecture Series (Muncie, IN)
- Craig Sklenar will talk about the importance of an interdisciplinary approach to projects in his lecture "The Power of Interdisciplinary Teamwork: Working together to build our communities."
Mar 19-21: International Downtown Association, West Coast Urban District Forum (Los Angeles, CA)
- David Dixon will discuss the findings of the recent Value of U. S. Downtowns and Center Cities project and how the new, repeatable formula used calculates a city's vitality.
Mar 29: The Ohio State University, Austin E. Knowlton School of Architecture, Baumer Lecture Series (Columbus, OH)
- David Dixon will discuss his book, "Suburban Remix: Creating the Next Generation of Urban Places."
Apr 1: Consulting Engineers of Alberta, Transportation Conference (Red Deer, AB)
- Rod Schebesch will lead a plenary session on "The Past, Present and Future of Transportation: Horseless buggies, connected vehicles, driverless shuttles, and everything in between"
Apr 3-4: International Downtown Association, University & College Town Summit (Raleigh, NC)
- In a master talk, David Dixon will explore how cities can leverage their university's to attract and retain talent in a talk on "Management Matters". David will also participate in a panel on "Innovation District Partnerships - Which Model Works Best for You?" where he will discuss the key elements of a successful innovation district.
- Tom Yardley will join a panel to discuss "Tackling Parking & Transportation Challenges Around College Campuses."
Apr 13-16: American Planning Association, National Planning Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Beth Elliott and David Dixon will participate in a panel on “Measuring downtown’s value–to everybody!”.
Apr 16-18: Urban Land Institute, Spring Meeting (Nashville, TN)
May 1-2: International Downtown Association, Economic Development Summit (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Beth Elliott, Craig Sklenar, and David Dixon will lead a panel, "Inclusive Urban Design as an Economic Development Tool." They will focus on how using urban design can make downtowns places that celebrate diversity and promote economic development.
May 22-26: The Environmental Design Research Association, EDRA50Brooklyn Conference: Sustainable Urban Environments (Brooklyn, NY)
Jun 12-15: Congress for New Urbanism, 27th Annual Congress (Louisville, KY)