Join our Urban Places experts as they share knowledge on city building at industry events around the world.
Bringing together global experts in smart mobility, resilience, real estate feasibility, planning and urban design, mixed-use architecture, smart cities, and brownfield redevelopment, our Urban Places team is uniquely positioned to provide our clients innovative and creative plans and designs from a cohesive, focused team.
Our Urban Places experts regularly share their expertise at conferences around the world. Here is a list of upcoming speaking engagements. Check back regularly for updates!
Oct 1-4: Project for Public Spaces, 3rd International Placemaking Week (Chattanooga, TN)
- Jason Beske and David Dixon discuss, "From Pavement to Placemaking: the Rebirth of America's Suburbs."
Oct 7-10: Walk21, 20th International Walk21 Conference (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Nels Nelson will join a break out session, "Ways to have a positive impact on walking", where he will discuss third-party rating systems (such as LEED and WELL).
- Jonathan Garrett and Ashley Thompson are part of a panel on, "Lessons Learned from Five Self-Driving Shuttle Feasibility Studies Across North America."
Oct 18: Downtown New Jersey, 2019 Conference (Bloomfield, NJ)
- David Dixon will be the keynote speaker highlighting his report The Value of U.S. Downtowns and Center Cities: Second Edition and will also moderate the panel "The Value of Downtown."
Oct 28-30: The Society for College and University Planning, 2019 North Central Regional Conference (Omaha, NE)
- Tom Yardley will join a panel to discuss "Like Them or Not–Plan to Integrate E-Scooters/Micro-mobility Options Now!"
- On the 29th, David Dixon will be speaking as part of a panel on "Urban Design Matters".
- On the 30th, Craig Lewis will moderate a talk on "Using Housing as Economic Development Tool" and David Dixon will discuss "IDA's Vitality Index."
- Andrew Irvine and Douglas King will discuss "The Hospital in the Urban Habitat: Achieving Livable Cities" which will explore how healthcare providers, civic leadership, and non-traditional providers can work together to coordinate community health goals.
Oct 28-Nov 2: AIA Colorado, 2019 Practice and Design Conference (Breckenridge, CO)
- David Dixon talks about the "Suburban Remix: the future of suburbia."
Nov 2-5: Healthcare Design Expo + Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- Check back soon for more details!
Nov 15-18: American Society of Landscape Architects, ASLA SAN2019 Conference on Landscape Architecture (San Diego, CA)
- On November 16, from 11:00am-12:15pm, Gary Sorge will lead a panel "Climate, Mobility, and Community: Systems Thinking and the Future of Food" .