Join our Urban Places experts as they share knowledge on city building at industry events around the world
Bringing together global experts in smart mobility, resilience, real estate feasibility, planning and urban design, mixed-use architecture, smart cities, and brownfield redevelopment, our Urban Places team is uniquely positioned to provide our clients innovative and creative plans and designs from a cohesive, focused team.
Our Urban Places experts regularly share their expertise at conferences around the world. Here is a list of upcoming speaking engagements. Check back regularly for updates!
Sep 5-7: APA Georgia Fall Conference (Jekyll Island, GA)
- Ralph DeNisco will discuss the upcoming mobility revolution at his session on September 7 from 7:45-9:00am.
Sep 11-14: APA Florida Annual Conference (West Palm Beach, FL)
- On September 12 from 10:30-11:45am, David Dixon will share his insights in a panel session, "Placemaking in the Burbs: Putting the There, There!".
Sep 11-14: APA North Carolina Annual Conference (Winston-Salem, NC)
- On September 13 from 4:00-5:15pm, in his session on suburban redevelopment, David Dixon will discuss the shift car-focused suburbs taking as they recognize the powerful economic logic of denser development.
- At the same time, Craig Lewis will explore how the changing face of our cities and the economic opportunity therein requires a different approach to building great places in his session "From melting pot to salad bowl: Building the diverse city of 2030."
Sep 16-19: Walk Bike Places (New Orleans, LA)
- On September 17 from 4:30-5:30pm, Nels Nelson will join a panel to discuss "Building Relationships for Inclusive Mobility and Placemaking in Boston."
- Craig Lewis will explore our work in Charlotte's South End in a breakout panel, "From Suburban Thoroughfare to Urban Main Street: Incremental Urban Mobility in Charlotte's South End" on September 18 from 4:30-5:30pm.
Sep 18: New Hampshire Public Works Association, 2018 Technical Meeting (Derryfield, NH)
- Tom Yardley will discuss how shared and connected autonomous vehicles look increasingly likely to revolutionize our cities and their downtowns.
Sep 19: Autonomous Vehicle Policy Conference Series (Seattle, WA)
- David Dixon will address key issues to prepare for as AVs become more commonplace in the mobility ecosystem
Sep 19: TREC The Real Estate Council, Bank of Texas Speaker Series (Dallas, TX)
- Rod Schebesch will join a panel to discuss the future of transportation, including hyperloop, drone use, and driverless cars.
Sep 27-28: Higher Education Real Estate Lawyers Conference (New Brunswick, NJ)
- David Dixon will join a panel, September 28 10:45am, to discuss "How Driverless Car Technology will Affect Parking Regulations and Land Use Rules."
Oct 15-16: Healthy City Design International Conference (London, UK)
- At this year's conference "Creating healthy cities for all: designing for equity and resilience", Blake Jackson will lead a discussion on comparing health-focused rating systems, WELL vs. Fitwel on October 15.
Oct 16: CoreNet Global, Summit 2018 (Boston, MA)
- From 1:00-1:15pm, David Dixon and Angie Lee will share insights into how autonomous vehicles will impact the built environment in their session "Emerging Trends Learning Theater - Autonomous Vehicles and their Impact on Smart Cities."
Nov 1: Reinventing the Suburbs Program, ULI Virginia
- David Dixon will join a panel to discuss suburban refabrication.
Nov 8: Changing Nature of the Suburbs Conference, ULI Tulsa (Tulsa, OK)
- David Dixon will discuss what lies ahead for suburbs and what these communities need to do moving forward to navigate these new waters.
Nov 28-29: ArchitectureBoston Expo (ABX) 2018 (Boston, MA)
- On November 28 from 8:30-10:00am, Jason Schrieber will join a panel to discuss "How to Prepare Buildings for Shared Mobility and Autonomy."