Join our Urban Places experts as they share knowledge on city building at industry events around the world
Bringing together global experts in smart mobility, resilience, real estate feasibility, planning and urban design, mixed-use architecture, smart cities, and brownfield redevelopment, our Urban Places team is uniquely positioned to provide our clients innovative and creative plans and designs from a cohesive, focused team.
Our Urban Places experts regularly share their expertise at conferences around the world. Here is a list of upcoming speaking engagements. Check back regularly for updates!
Oct 15-16: Healthy City Design International Conference (London, UK)
- At this year's conference "Creating healthy cities for all: designing for equity and resilience", Blake Jackson will lead a discussion on comparing health-focused rating systems, WELL vs. Fitwel on October 15.
Oct 16: CoreNet Global, Summit 2018 (Boston, MA)
- From 1:00-1:15pm, David Dixon and Angie Lee will share insights into how autonomous vehicles will impact the built environment in their session "Emerging Trends Learning Theater - Autonomous Vehicles and their Impact on Smart Cities."
Oct 24-26: IDA, Annual Conference & Tradeshow (San Antonio, TX)
- Craig Lewis will be on the "Zoning and Regulations for Retail Vitality" panel on October 25th from 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- David Dixon is moderating The AV Future is Now to See panel on the 25th from 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- David is also a panel member for The Value of U.S. Downtowns: Informing a Downtown Vitality Index on Friday, October 26th from 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- Jason Schrieber will be moderating Urban Mobility: The Role of Urban Place Management Organization in Prioritizing Connectivity on Friday, October 26th from 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- On Friday at 8:30am, Simon O'Byrne will be doing a Master Talk on the importance of converting older offices buildings to new uses.
Nov 1: Reinventing the Suburbs Program, ULI Virginia
- David Dixon will join a panel to discuss suburban refabrication.
Nov 8: Changing Nature of the Suburbs Conference, ULI Tulsa (Tulsa, OK)
- David Dixon will discuss what lies ahead for suburbs and what these communities need to do moving forward to navigate these new waters.
Nov 28-29: ArchitectureBoston Expo (ABX) 2018 (Boston, MA)
- On November 28 from 8:30-10:00am, Jason Schrieber will join a panel to discuss "How to Prepare Buildings for Shared Mobility and Autonomy."