Join our Urban Places experts as they share knowledge on city building at industry events around the world
Bringing together global experts in smart mobility, resilience, real estate feasibility, planning and urban design, mixed-use architecture, smart cities, and brownfield redevelopment, our Urban Places team is uniquely positioned to provide our clients innovative and creative plans and designs from a cohesive, focused team.
Our Urban Places experts regularly share their expertise at conferences around the world. Here is a list of upcoming speaking engagements. Check back regularly for updates!
Aug 2: Urban Land Institute, Tampa Bay, StimULI Breakfast: The Future of Parking (Tampa, FL)
- From 7:30-9:30am, Joel Mann will join a panel to discuss the changing needs of parking and parking infrastructure and how they relate to current and future development needs.
Aug 9-11: EVworld NZ, New Zealand's Combined Electric Vehicle Industry and Public Expo (Auckland, NZ)
- Russell Yell will explore how advances in technology are presenting a new paradigm in urban mobility systems in his session "An Electric, Automated, Shared Mobility Future: EVs, AVs, and the Evolution of Public Transport" on August 10 at 4:00pm.
Aug 28-29: ITS Summit 2018, 6th Australian Intelligent Transport Systems Summit (Sydney, AUS)
- On August 29 at 9:00am, Russell Yell will share his insights on "Developing Agile, User-Focused Mobility Strategies."
Sep 11-14: APA Florida Annual Conference (West Palm Beach, FL)
- On September 12, David Dixon will share his insights in a panel session, "Placemaking in the Burbs: Putting the There, There!".
Sep 11-14: APA North Carolina Annual Conference (Winston-Salem, NC)
- On September 13 from 4:00-5:15pm, in his session on suburban redevelopment, David Dixon will discuss the shift car-focused suburbs taking as they recognize the powerful economic logic of denser development.
- At the same time, Craig Lewis will explore how the changing face of our cities and the economic opportunity therein requires a different approach to building great places in his session "From melting pot to salad bowl: Building the diverse city of 2030."
Sep 16-19: Walk Bike Places (New Orleans, LA)
- On September 17 from 4:30-5:30pm, Nels Nelson will join a panel to discuss "Building Relationships for Inclusive Mobility and Placemaking in Boston."
- Craig Lewis will explore our work in Charlotte's South End in a breakout panel, "From Suburban Thoroughfare to Urban Main Street: Incremental Urban Mobility in Charlotte's South End."
Sep 19: TREC The Real Estate Council, Bank of Texas Speaker Series (Dallas, TX)
- Rod Schebesch will join a panel to discuss the future of transportation, including hyperloop, drone use, and driverless cars.
Sep 27-28: Higher Education Real Estate Lawyers Conference (New Brunswick, NJ)
- David Dixon will join a panel, September 28 10:45am, to discuss "How Driverless Car Technology will Affect Parking Regulations and Land Use Rules."
Nov 28-29: ArchitectureBoston Expo (ABX) 2018 (Boston, MA)
- On November 28 from 8:30-10:00am, Jason Schrieber will join a panel to discuss "How to Prepare Buildings for Shared Mobility and Autonomy."